How are you four months old already, Emily Grace?! So much has changed. I’ve watched you grow from a sleepy newborn to a very active little girl. My heart swells with pride each day when you do something new. Just when I thought I couldn’t love you anymore, I do. Simple as that. Your third month of life was probably one of the most exciting and it’s one that I can’t wait to discuss here.
- She laughed for the very time (which made mommy cry)
- She rolled over onto her side (this made her cry because she didn’t know she got there)
- Grabs toys now and hangs onto them instead of swiping at them.
- Teething. She’s a big drool monster who wants to bite EVERYTHING.
- Smiles all the time. (It’s literally all she does)
- Constantly babbles and coos.
Weight & Clothes Size
Emily now weighs 13 pounds. She’s nearly double her birth weight at four months old. She is also fitting into 3-6 month clothing.
Emily takes two naps a day. One for usually 1 hour and another for 2-3 hours. She sleeps through the night, usually from 10pm to 6am. She could go down earlier or later. It all depends on what time she gets up in the morning. I’m truly blessed with her sleeping routine. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
What She Enjoys
- Attention! She loves people playing with her and talking to her all the time.
- Talking. She never shuts up. She loves being on her play mat having major chats with herself or with mommy and daddy.
- The mirror or any toy with a mirror. She adores her reflection.
- Playing on her play mat. She could stay there for hours grabbing at her toys.
- Sitting up. She can’t fully support herself yet, but with the help of my hand, she can sit up and look around.
- She loves being held up in a standing position on my lap or her daddy’s lap.
- Going out in her buggy so she can stare at all the surroundings and people passing by.
What She Doesn’t Enjoy
- Tummy time after five minutes. She gets fed up and wants to face plant on the mat.
- Being bored. She needs someone or something to interact with at all times.
- Being in her swing. She just wants to jump out every time you put her in.
That’s it for Emily’s update. I really can’t wait to see what her fourth month of life brings.